This money has closed
Save to favorites
Please login to utilize this functionality.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS OF KOREA ANALYSIS FELLOWSHIP (KRF) 2019 FOR FOREIGNER POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS.
We. Presenting KRF System
1. Program Objective
Korea Research Fellowship (KRF) invites outstanding postdoctoral scientists to have a exceptional performance in their first stages of these expert careers. This system provides high-potential young researchers that are&overseas a opportunity to handle imaginative and growing areas of tasks, and supports them to cultivate as research leaders of the next day
2. System Details
2-1. Eligibility of KRF prospects:
International post-doc researchers from all nations having diplomatic relations with Korea who possess acquired their degree that is doctoral within previous 5 years beginning with the date of formal statement.
There are two main kinds of KRF aids, based on where in fact the foreigner national postdoc scientists are living as follow:
(Type 1) international national or *Korean national postdoc researchers currently residing offshore that have actually received their doctoral degree inside the previous 5 years ( as of the date of formal statement)
*Korean nationals – limited by people who fit in with affiliates that are foreign
(Type 2) Foreign national postdoc scientists presently moving into Korea that have gotten their degree that is doctoral within previous 5 years ( as of the date of official announcement
2-2. Skills of Host organizations and Host researchers:
Host organizations: Government-supported research institutes, national and public research institutes, universities and university-affiliated research institutes, business research institutes* (affiliated research institutes registered with the Korea Industrial tech Association)
* Corporate research institutes are those established as SMEs and endeavor companies under Article 14 (1) for the Basic Research marketing and tech developing Support Act and Article 16 (1) associated with Enforcement Decree of the identical Act
Host scientists: Full-time workers for the particular host organizations that have the ranking of at the very least assistant teacher, senior researcher, or seat of an investigation institute (business research institute) and match the following needs:
people who have actually assured work for the programвЂ™s timeframe (5 years) consequently they are in a position to focus on doing the appropriate task.
вЂ» This KRF program will likely to be excluded through the tasks susceptible to the limitations (how many R&D projects that may be simultaneously carried out by a researcher shall perhaps perhaps not meet or exceed five, among that your number of R&D projects that may be simultaneously carried out as a principal detective shall not meet or exceed three) described in Article 32 regarding the Regulations on Management, etc. of nationwide analysis and Development Projects.
2-3. Areas of Research: All areas in technology and science
2-4. Duration of Fellowship: 3
five years with yearly assessment.
2-5. Anticipating formal statement date of KRF 2019:
*First Batch: February 2019 batch that is*Second Might 2019
(susceptible to change)
2-6. Degree of Funding:
– (Type 1) Up to KRW 70 million (
US$ 62,000) per year (workers expenses, cost of living, etc. for KRF other).
– (Type 2) Around KRW 40 million (
US$ 35,000) per year (workers charges for KRF fellow)
вЂ» Note: for Type 2, matching funds for workers expenses by host (including PIвЂ™s tasks) are mandatory. KRW 40 million counts for 80per cent of the postdoc researchersвЂ™ personal expenses, and PI will take care of the others of 20%.
* please be aware that KRF prospects have to have acquired their real doctoral level certification or diploma ahead of the date of formal statement of KRF 2019. As a rule, provisional certificates aren’t accepted. Proof act as a postdoctoral other without publishing the content of real level certification isn’t accepted.
* just formal certifications saying the amount conferral date released by the degree awarded university are provided. Certificates not showing a degree date that is conferral provisional certificates aren’t appropriate.
2-8. Just how to use
KRF applications are submitted because of the inviting researchers (Host scientists) by uploading necessary documentations through the NRF website (ernd.kr that is.nrf.re because of the due date of every batch.
KRF candidates wanting to take part in this system are encouraged to establish experience of a Korean or international host researcher within their industry in Korea and to request him/her to sign up.
KRF prospects are immensely important to produce this contact well prior to the host institutionвЂ™s application deadline.
II. Analysis Host Matching Provider for KRF Candidates
A startup focused on linking KRF applicants and hosts
1. What’s the extensive research Host Matching Provider?
This solution was initiated by KRF help group of NRF so that you can help interested outstanding post-doc overseas researchers that are qualified to receive Type 1 conditions and not secured hosts in Korea to try to get the KRF system. (This service are not readily available for Type 2 prospects.)
1. Trying to get вЂњResearch Host Matching serviceвЂќ
2. Assessment and Launching to hosts that are korean
(Nationwide Foundation Research of Korea(NRF))
3. Apply for KRF program (Principal Investigator/KRF prospects)
– evidence of level with
form1- introduction of KRF prospect
– assessment the eligibility of KRF prospects (need if required)
– Introducing applications towards the hosts that are anticipate Korea
– Further conversation regarding research plan between host the KRF prospect
– make an application for KRF system
3. Simple tips to use
3-1. What things to submit
Form 1 Introduction of KRF prospect with a proof Ph. D. level.
3-2. Deadline of introduction applications:
9 have always been Dec. 3rd (Mon.) 2018, Korea Time (GMT+9)
3-3. The best place to submit
вЂ» Introduction Applications must certanly be submitted to KRF help group via email.
3-4. Other information
Extra papers and information may be asked to offer the application if required
3-5. Procedures in details
1) assessment eligibility in line with the applications
2) Submitted introduction applications is supposed to be introduced into the host that is prospective in Korea
3) Host will contact their candidates that are interested.
4) an decision that is official meant to host the prospect to be able to submit an application for KRF system after verification making use of their particular host organization together with KRF candidate.
*Please keep in mind NRF just introduces applications that are individual the institutions and it is by no means a warranty to secure your host also being chosen being a KRF other.
When you have not been contacted by any host organizations after publishing the program, please keep investigating all on your own to locate host organizations in Korea and submit the KRF application using your host to be able to meet up with the circular deadline.
4. Contact Information
Nationwide Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)